Want to be on the cutting edge of online journalism with flexible hours and no office time required? TheCelebrityCafe.com can teach you how to write for online readers, maximize your exposure in social media and gain skills that will make you a top candidate once you graduate.
How do we know so much? We’ve been doing this for over 20 years.
Training involves weekly assignments, writing, editor feedback and being published with intensive interaction via Slack and weekly meetings with editors, freelancers and other interns.
Write about any or all of the following while learning to reach out for interviews and quotes as well as how to maximize your use social media including Instagram and Snapchat!
- Celebrity Gossip
- Trending Online Personalities from YouTube, Twitch, etc
- Television News and Recaps
- Movie Trailers & Reviews
- Album Reviews and Music Industry News
- Gaming & Game reviews
- Virtual and Augmented Reality
- Broadway, Fine Arts & Culture
- Listicles and Quizzes on all the above
We also offer opportunities to do podcasts, cut video and graphic design.
What you can accomplish with us:
- Build your personal portfolio.
- Undergo on-the-job training to provide a working knowledge of online publishing including planning coverage, launching campaigns, Google Analytics and more.
- Learn how to use social media for self-promotion and personal branding. Use of Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon, Reddit, etc is REQUIRED.
- Learn how to reach out to get quotes and interviews from celebrities
- write 10-15 stories a week for editor approval
- promote yourself and your work via social media
- complete weekly assignments
- complete weekly quiz
- complete end of week survey
- communicate with staff via Slack, email, phone, text
- attend two training meetings per month
Required Skills and Experience:
- High attention to grammar, voice, and syntax.
- Ability to edit, proofread, and critique your own work
- Working knowledge of AP Style
- Openness to explore and discuss subjective differences in writing styles.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, creative environment with good cheer and flexibility.
Part of the screening process will include assessment of your skills with an original writing sample.
If the form does not load, please click: HERE